Monday, June 11, 2012

June 10-14

Hi Everyone!  Glad to be back!  Thankfully I am through computer issues!  I got a new one a couple of weeks ago, but with school ending and us being out of town I haven't been a faithful blogger!

Anyway our menu for this week!

Monday-Chicken Kabobs with Fruit Salad, yummy yummy!
Tuesday- Antipasto Pasta Salad
Wednesday-Quinoa Salad
Thursday-Steak night with grilled potatoes and green beans
Friday-BLTs

SHOPPING LIST

Produce-  it is a wonderful time of year so load up on all sorts!  I bought: mangoes, grapes, raspberries, bananas (a staple in our house), strawberries.  Also this week at my local grocery all the loose leaf lettuces are on sale 1.49 per head (Coborns).  In addition, I got fresh mozzarella BOGO, not to mention a steal on FRESH green beans and button mushrooms.  I also picked up some potatoes as well as locally grown tomatoes.  Also grab up some bell pepper and onion if you need!

General Grocery-kalamata olives(pitted), black sliced olives, green olives(I buy sliced with pimentos).  Lawry's marinade of your choice for the chicken.  Good Seasons Italian dressing packet (this is mixed up the oil, vinegar and water you can even buy their special little bottle)

Meat- pepperoni, steaks, chicken thighs (boneless skinless), bacon

Organic area- Quinoa (I just picked up a SIZEABLE bag at Target!!!!)

Frozen-  Rossetto frozen pesto pasta ravioli

MONDAY_  Marinate the chicken breasts in the Lawry's marinade of your choice (or make one if you have a favorite).  I skewer onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, squash (if I have it), tomatoes, pineapple is also very good as well.  I skewer the chicken on their own sticks and veg/ fruit on their own sticks.  I also soak the skewers in water.  We grill these.  I start the chicken and have them going on the grill about 3 minutes and then add the veggie skewers.

The fruit salad has: mango, strawberries, sliced kiwi, sliced banana, craisins, grapes, raspberries.  I added marshmallows for the kids (but this could be omitted).  The sauce I use about 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, about 2 tsp honey and a splash of water  (taste for a good sweet/sour balance).  Whisk together and pour over the fruit.

TUESDAY- Antipasto Pasta salad.  I am calling it this b/c I am tossing the "stuff" from an antipasto platter in with the pesto ravioli.

Cook the ravioli according to the package direction.  drain.  rinse with cool water.  coat with evoo and put in the 'fridge for about an hour.  At this point prepare the good seasons italian dressing

Dice up some onion, bell pepper, quarter up pepperoni, cut up fresh mozz into 1/4 in cubes, (you could also add some peppercini to this if you have some on hand), kalamata olives, black olives, green olives (all to your liking), slice some button mushrooms add some grape tomatoes.
 Toss these in with the cooked and cooled ravioli coat with a generous amount of the Italian dressing.  If you have time to let in sit before serving that would be great to let the flavors merry.

Wednesday- Quinoa Salad ( I have the recipe in a previous post look in the last May posting)

Thursday-  steaks on the grill with grilled potatoes and grilled fresh green bean. (plan to toss the potatoes in a Sicilian herb mixture by McCormick and cook in a tin foil pouch)

Friday- BLTs need I say more?????


Enjoy!  Bon App






No comments:

Post a Comment