October 4, 2012
I have NO excuse! Life has been busy, school started, piano lessons started, therefore craziness!
Okay--over the past few weeks we have had-
stuffed peppers
slow cooker lasagna
chili (slow cooker)
breakfast for supper (waffles and bacon)
pork tenderloin
slow cooker beef pot roast
Meatloaf with potatoes
tacos
spaghetti (sauce cooked in slow-cooker)
On piano lesson nights (especially Thursdays) I make use of the slow cooker. This week I made spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker. It is really easy and then at night, when we get home, we only have to worry about noodles and quick cooking garlic toast.
The week previous, I made lasagna in the slow cooker...I will say that most recipes i found (online) only called for one jar of sauce, I found it took two. I was really lucky because I had gotten the sauce each for 99 cents and had bought a "meal deal" at Coborns one week and got the lasagna noodles for free
I also was extremely lucky earlier this fall when some co workers were cleaning out their gardens and brought in tons of peppers bell, banana and hot (jalapeno)
here is my stuffed pepper........
1/2 lb sage sausage ( I used Jimmy Dean)
1/2 onion diced
1 cup cooked rice
1 package of cream cheese
a handful of crasins
(some of the chopped hot pepper if you like)
Bread crumbs
I browned the sausage and onion together. I then combined all the ingredients ( I did thin with milk to help the cream cheese blend with the other ingredients)
I used an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture into hollowed out bell pepper, topped with the bread toppings) I then baked them at 350 for about a 1/2 hour
We have had pork loin (Hormel marinated) twice, each time being cooked using the delay bake feature on our oven
Please fee to scroll through old posts for some ideas, shopping lists and recipes
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment