Sunday, March 25, 2012

Menu for Mar 26-30

Monday--Tequila marinated chicken served with black beans and rice and mole (mol ay) sauce

Tuesday-- Pork loin with potatoes and steamed veg.

Wednesday --Chicken Curry in the crock pot.

Thursday--Chili (I guess I am in a spicy mood this week!)

Friday--Breakfast for Supper


Monday--1/4 cup tequila, the juice and some zest of 1 lime--minced garlic salt pepper and about 1 or 2 tbsp brown sugar. Marinate the chicken for 1/2 hour at least or longer. (I will probably prepare this part in the morning. I am planning to make 1 cup of rice and use 1 can of black beans. I will flavor the rice up with some chili powder. I have prepared mole sauce which I am planning to warm up and serve over the chicken and and rice.


Wednesday --- Chicken Curry. I will use 1 pkg chicken thighs I will put these in the slow cooker completely frozen (I have used bone in for this recipe in the past and it falls of the bone. In this case I have boneless thighs). For the sauce I will use part of a jar of prepared coconut curry sauce (Archer Farms brand). I will also add 1 cup v8, 1 can coconut milk 1 tbsp curry powder, 1 small diced onion, 2 minced cloves garlic. 1/2 cup raw brown rice, 1/2 cup coconut salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

  1. Okay---so the prepared mole sauce I have needs a little more preparing, it needs mixed in with broth. Also I used some frozen pepper stir fry and diced onion in the rice and beans----way yummy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete