Sunday, April 1, 2012

Menu and shopping list for April 2-6

Okay! Some beautiful weather and my perennials are starting to pop up!

Monday- grilled salmon on salad
Tuesday- Pizza casserole
Wednesday- sweet and sour chicken stir-fry
Thursday- Ham and smashed baby red potatoes, w/ asparagus

No meal planned for Friday we are going out to eat

Shopping list

onion (2), green pepper (2), baby red potatoes, 1 package mushrooms, baby greens salad with whichever fixins your like, asparagus, 1 small bunch green onions
Italian Sausage (I'll use 3 links but squeeze the innards out of the casing), pepperoni, Ham (on sale right now!), chicken breast

black olives---small can of sliced,1 jar pizza sauce, prepared sweet and sour sauce, canned pineapple, greek yogurt, or sour cream. Shredded cheese. Stir fry veggies


Monday--grill up or broil salmon however you like, flake it up and serve it on a tossed salad.

Tuesday--(Monday night I am going to saute up the ital saus, diced green pepper and diced onion and have that cooked and ready) Meanwhile--I will cook up some spiral pasta and make sure that after it is drained generously toss it with EVOO so that it will store okay in the fridge.

When I get home on Tues I start the oven at 350 and assemble the casserole in a 9x13 pan
Mix together the noodles, meat mixture, add in some mushrooms, the black olives, pepperoni, dump the jar of pizza sauce over the works coating everything generously and top with shredded cheese. I will throw this in the oven and then go up to the Fitness Center and work out for half an hour!

Wednesday--Cook rice according to the directions. Saute up diced chicken with frozen stirfry veggies---I at this point will add in my own FRESH bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. At the end I will toss in my chunk pineapple and the done rice. Put as little or as much sweet and sour sauce on as you like and serve :)

Thursday---the ham we are having is left over from today (Sunday) I poked whole clove into mine and then coated it in brown sugar.

The smashed baby reds---I usually say 3 potatoes per person (depending on the size baby reds are pretty small) I quarter mine and boil them skin on. Check for doneness, drain, and then add in 1/2 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream) diced green onion (I use 3) handful of shredded cheese and approx 4 pats of butter. I used a hand mixer for this but you could smash with a potato masher as well. If it too thick add a little milk. Salt pepper and garlic powder to taste. (I use Lawrys Season Salt)

No comments:

Post a Comment