Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23-27 recipes and menu

April 23-

Monday--Leftover Turkey Casserole (see yesterday's post).
                Sage Stuffing
Tuesday--Spaghetti Bolognese (see earlier post) It's made in the slow cooker.  From Feb 2012 Real Simple          Magazine
Wednesday-- Steak Night--we picked up our 1/4 beef over Easter break and are going to grill up a couple NY strips.  Served with hash browns and baked kale (first time making this. Following a recipe online)
Thursday---Left over turkey BBQ (cooked in the slow cooker with a homemade BBQ Sauce)
Friday --- Eating out!!!

Sage Stuffing recipe---1/2 loaf white bread torn into chunks.  Saute up 2-3 diced carrots, 2-3 diced celery, sliced fresh mushroom (I probably sliced 6 white mushrooms) 1/2 small onion diced. Once sauteed throw them in the bread chunks along with 1 cup prepared chicken broth, and 3 eggs.  Sage salt and pepper to taste.  Mix together with yer paws and get it good and squishy.  I put mine in a greased 9x13 and bake it for 1/2 hour at 325.

My home bbq---I don't measure remember so use some of your own instincts here too.  I am going to guess at 1 c ketchup, good splash of apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper, garlic powder to taste, twice around the bowl with molasses, splash of root beer, Dr Pepper or coke makes it really good too----a squirt of mustard.  Whisk together.  It will be runny, not thick like bottled BBQ Sauce, pour it over your chunked up turkey in the slow cooker.  I do mine in the morning so I cook it on the 10 hour button.   I may add thinly sliced onion to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment