Sunday, April 22, 2012

Recipes for leftovers

Okay!!! We are up and running again!   I am going to blog a little bit about leftovers!

We had two Easter dinners that we hosted, yes both were small, but we had both leftover turkey and ham. We had them frozen  and need to get them used up!!!!!

A couple ways I was able to use up the ham were:

We had a potluck at church and so I made macaroni salad ---elbow macaroni, peas, onion, cheddar cheese cubes, celery radishes and creamy mayo dressing.

I used it in homemade egg rolls(see earlier post for recipe) with homemade fried rice

Rachael Ray's recipe for noodle bowl (she uses chicken but I am subbing in ham)

For left over turkey (besides the usual sandwich(es)) I am going to make a casserole and what doesn't get used in that is going in the crockpot for turkey bbq (basically like pulled pork but turkey)

SWEET POTATO TURKEY CASSEROLE

--1 large can or fresh sliced equivalent (3-4 fresh depending on size)  cooked in water until fork tender
--1 1/2 C diced Turkey
--1 can whole cranberries
--1 large granny smith apple (sliced)
--1/2 c brown sugar
--1/4 tsp cinnamon
--1/4 c butter
--1/2 c orange juice

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 casserole

Gently mix together the sweet potatoes, apples, cranberries and turkey and place in the baking dish.
Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and dot with the butter  Pour oj over top.

Bake 30 minutes or until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment