Sunday, January 15, 2012

1-16 thru 1-20 menu

Hi All!!! This is the menu at our house for this week!

Monday I have a meeting after school and I nights like that I love to use either my crock pot, or delay bake on my oven. This time I am going to use the crock pot (slow cooker)!
Monday--Slow Cooker Spaghetti (I am using a recipe from the current issue of Real Simple Magazine)

Tuesday- Leftovers! We are pulling out the left-over turkey and ham from Christmas and I have left over butternut squash soup as well.

Wednesday-Grilled Chicken Salad

Thursday--Fish Fry with sweet potato fries and green beans

Friday--Poor Mans Chop Suey (There have been a lot of the canned Chop Sueys on sale so the ads made me hungry for it!!! Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. RE the slow cooker spaghetti sauce, it was quite good! How I made it was as follows--1 lb hamburger, 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes, 2 14 oz cans tomato sauce, 1 diced carrot, 1 diced celery stalk, 1/2 small onion diced, 1 tsp diced garlic (I had the pre-diced in the jar kind) oregano, thyme, parsley salt and pepper to taste. Throw it all in and cook on low all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also--along with the poor man's chop suey. I put it together the morning of and then pulled it out of the fridge and baked it when I got home. However, the rice never plumped up so perhaps next time I will cook the rice half-way or use minute rice and see if it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete