Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Shopping list for 1-23-12

Pork Loin I really like the pre-marinated ones in the meat dpt at the grocery store. Quite often I have a coupon or they go on sale. I usually pick these up for $5.99. Also it was nice enough we grilled it. Takes about 40 minutes.
Polenta--I buy the quick cooking polenta found in the natural food section at the grocery and I prefer to make it with chicken broth and I serve it with butter and honey. We also steamed frozen broccoli for this meal.

Steak Last week I was able to pick up some thin steaks as a manager special in the meat section and used some for fajitas last week, this week I made steaks (they took two minutes to cook they were so thin, but quite tender and EVERYONE gobbled them up) I sauteed some bell pepper and onion to serve on top. And made a package of Knorr brand alfredo for a side.

Spaghetti--look at earlier blog for recipe.

Chicken Enchiladas --I follow the Campbells soup recipe. Believe me, not much for left overs with this meal!!

Pizza night--- i don't know yet if we'll make from scratch or pick some up. We have a medical appointment late that afternoon so I think we'll grab a take and bake!

1 comment:

  1. Here is the link for the campbells soup recipe
    http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=60578&ref=%2fSearchRecipesResult.aspx%3fq%3dchicken%2benchiladas%26filter%3ding.Chicken%2520and%2520Poultry

    ReplyDelete