Well, on Tuesday it was beautiful so I grilled the Chicken Breasts for the salad. I always grill up the whole bag. 1) We can take a breast in lunches 2) great to have cooked on hand for another salad or I am using it in Chicken Pot Pie!
So easy. I cut two carrots into disks (I use regular organic carrots (not baby))
I dice two stalks of celery and dice up 1/2 of a small onion.
While I am sauteing the veggies I prepare a pie crust but you can totally use prepared crust or dump the "innards" into an 8x8 and top with rolled out crescent rolls or refrigerator biscuits
Then I take sauteed veggies and add them to one can of cream of chicken soup (or any cream of soup you may have on hand.) I dice up the cooked chicken breast and add it at this time.
Then assemble the pie. I bake it at 400 for one hour, or when it "seems" done.
I should also mention I made this up yesterday when I was busy cooking last nights supper. I had it all assembled and ready to go for tonight. I am fortunate enough to have a delay bake feature on my oven and so I can prepare things the night before, stick it in the freezer, then in the morning I can put it in the oven and start it up for about 1/2 before I come home and come home to a cooked supper!
ReplyDelete