Hi all-
This week Swedish Meatballs! Is the main meal I'll focus on for this week.
Easy version, pressed for time?
1 bag frozen meatballs and one package of country gravy found in the aisle with all the packets i.e. sloppy joe, guacamole, taco meat seasoning).
Heat up the meatballs and prepare the gravy according to directions. Put the two together--voila!
We had ours with potatoes and steamed asparagus.
This time I used the bagged meatballs and made my own gravy.
Gravy recipe-
I cooked the meatballs in a pot on the stove (I had the setting on 3 for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally)
I then diced 1/2 of a small onion I removed the meatballs from the pot and threw in the diced onions and 1 swirl of EVOO. I scraped up all the meaty goodness from the bottom of the pot and once the onions were translucent I added a pat of butter, 2 Tbsp flour and one Knorr beef stock and brought these together. I then added 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 1/2 cup milk. I brought the heat up to about 6 and brought the gravy to a boil and cooked until thickened. I then returned the meatballs to the mix.
Most of the time I make my own meatballs. I happened to have frozen on hand this time.
to make my own I do this-
1 lb hamburger
1 lb hot Italian sausage.
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 small onion minced
1 egg
bread crumbs
salt, pepper to taste
I mix these together until I like the consistency--one that is easy to form balls with that will stay together. I then use a small ice cream scoop (one that you may use for cookies) and then form the balls. I then sear them on top of the stove for about 2-4 minutes per side (since they are round I turn them 4 times) I then finish baking them in the oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment