Sunday, February 19, 2012
Struggle with two year old going to sleep
Over the last month we have struggled with Asher, the two year old, going to sleep. Well, let's face it, going to bed and staying IN BED. For a couple of times I slept with him on the couch, just so I could get some sleep. Then a couple of times he wanted to be rocked to sleep, which worked and then the third night didn't. Well we played hard ball and quite honestly it sucked. But it worked. We did the Supernanny approach. Wednesday he got out of bed about 20 times and it took about 45 minutes. Rich took care of that one. First of all I was sick and wasn't able to put him to bed, and secondly, I think it helped that Dad did it (dad seems meaner). Then Thursday it was my turn. It still took about 40 minutes but he got out a few less times and initially fell asleep on the floor next to his bed. I felt it was successful because he fell asleep AND he stayed in his room. On top of all of this he had been getting up at night. I must say that bedtimes hasn't ever really been a HUGE issue at our house. Both boys were sleeper through the nighters by 3 months old. Well last night--he cried but stayed in bed and slept ALL night AND slept in. HOpefully we are through the worst and we will continue on this path. I must add we asked daycare to not let him nap as long either.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment