Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu for Feb 13




Hi all-

Between me being sick, the kids being sick and now the hubs-- I have not had time to plan meals for this week. The only meal I have planned is PASTIES!!!

There are recipes online, but this is how I am going to do mine---
You will need ground beef or pork ( I am using Italian sausage)
Rutabaga (I am using half it is HUGE)
Potatoes (I am using 2-3 smallish Idaho Russets b/c they were cheap last week)
Knorr Beef stock
1 Carrot Diced
1 Celery stalk Diced
1/2 small onion--diced



I am going to boil the rutabaga and potato for about 20 minutes to soften them some, but not cook them through. Before boiling I am going to cut them into small dices.

Meanwhile, brown the ital saus with the onion, carrot and celery.

Drain the potatoes and rutabaga

I am cheating here too and using pre-made pie crust :D

After the potato and rutabaga is drained, mix in the meat, celery, carrot and onion mixture with one of the Knorr beef stock pouches. Put some of the mixture on one-half of the pie crust, fold over the other half and crimp around the edges with a fork creating a pouch. Also cut a couple steam holes in the crust to vent.

Since the "innards" are mostly cooked they should only need to bake for about 30 minutes to make the crust golden brown and delicious.

I am hoping this recipe will make about 4 pasties.

I plan to make the innards and assemble the pies the night before, so when I come home from work I need to just throw them in the oven and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment