Sunday, February 19, 2012

Menus and Shopping list

Canned tomatoes--diced, crushed and sauce enough for spaghetti and chili
black beans Chili spices (how you like to make it)
onion One good sized one--you can use half in the chili and half in the spaghetti sauce
stew meat (beef)
Italian sausage Spaghetti spices (how you like to make it)

tortillas
Fish Sticks
bagged cole slaw
green onions




My Chili Recipe--
I will take the stew meat and coat it flour salt and pepper. I brown that with diced onion. To deglaze the pan I do a couple turns around the pan with Tequila. (Probably 1/4) and then scrape up all the goodies and let the alcohol burn off. I then add 1 can of crushed tomatoes and I large can of tomato sauce and then I flavor it with salt pepper and chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin. Add in the black beans and let it simmer. Keep tasting it. If you think it needs a little sweetness--add one turn around the pan with molasses!


Another note you can make the spaghetti sauce WHILE you put your chili together. Then TUESDAY night just reheat the Spaghetti sauce while you boil up the noodles!!!!

Also you should be able to find the fish tacos recipe and spaghetti sauce recipe in earlier blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment